The January 2022 transfer window is open (find out when it closes here), and there’s plenty of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, whereabouts and, of course, business done!
TOP STORY: Vlahovic seen as Auba’s replacement
Arsenal want to offload Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang at Barcelona before moving to sign Fiorentina striker Dusan Vlahovic as his replacement, according to a report by The star of the day.
The Catalan giants have a long-standing interest in Aubameyang and the Gunners have checked in to see if they are ready to take Spain forward.
Due to their financial problems, the Blaugrana would need to offload players before they could bring in new big name signings.
It is suggested that a loan move to Newcastle United is also seen as a viable option as the Magpies would be able to afford the bulk of Aubameyang’s £300,000-a-week wage.
However, it is believed that the Gabon international remaining in the Premier League after being stripped of the club’s captaincy by Mikel Arteta would be an unwanted sideshow as the Gunners push for a top-four position.
Meanwhile, Arteta wants to sign a natural target man to bring out the best in his creative midfielders and sees Vlahovic as the perfect fit.
It will certainly help the Serbia international to have scored 19 goals in 23 appearances in all competitions for Fiorentina this season.
The 21-year-old’s current contract with I violate runs out in the summer of 2023, which should also help Arsenal in their negotiations.
– ESPN+ Viewers Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Real Madrid are ready to do anything to sign Paris Saint-Germain Kylian Mbappe and Borussia Dortmund Erling Haaland before the 2022-23 season, writes LIKE. The deals are expected to cost a total of €350m which will include the Norwegian’s €75m release clause and the fee to be paid to agent Mino Raiola. While Mbappe signing a contract at PSG would likely derail that plan, they are convinced the Frenchman wants to play for Los Blancos.
– Barcelona are getting impatient Ousmane Dembele, as they aim to convince the Frenchman to sign a contract extension before his current contract expires this summer, reports foot market. Xavi Hernandez is even said to have gotten involved as the winger took too long to respond to the BlaugranaDembele’s latest offer, telling Dembele he won’t play unless he accepts the terms that have been offered.
– Barcelona are monitoring the 15-year-old Palmeiras striker Endrick, as reported Sports newspaper. Despite his age, there is already a wealth of interest from around the world, with Manchester City, Liverpool and Sevilla among other clubs who have sent scouts to watch him.
– West Ham United and Newcastle United are both looking to sign the Manchester United midfielder jesse lingard, as reported by The star of the day. The Magpies are ready to offer £3m to sign Lingard now, with his contract up in the summer. While the Hammers also want to bring the England international back to the London Stadium, where he spent the second half of last season on loan, they don’t want to get into a financial battle with Newcastle after their recent takeover.
– Arsenal will continue to push to sign Juventus midfielder arthur, according to fabrice romano, which comes despite a loan departure not yet approved by Massimiliano Allegri. There have been no deals yet, while Juventus have also not opened talks with Chelsea over the possibility of Ruben Loftus-Cheek replacing the Brazilian.
– Alexei Miranchuk is set to join Genoa, but only after Atalanta face Internazionale, as reported The Gazzetta dello Sport. Gian Piero Gasperini wanted him available for the vital fixture at the top of Serie A due to Duvan Zapata’s absence. However, once that passes, he will be able to pass his medical examination after weeks of negotiations.