Frequently Asked Questions
Basic Marketing Course
Q. In the past, I've tried to market several programs without much success; can you tell me something about Internet marketing basics?
A. Some time ago, some members of a particular program asked me what the secret was of why I had sponsored so many members. My reply:
My successful recruiting is partially based on "capturing" prospects and then promoting money-making programs to them repeatedly.
By "capturing" prospects I'm referring to persuading them to join a list or group, or request information from an autoresponder -- any method of persuading prospects to submit their email addresses so you can promote money-making programs to them over and over again.
Promoting to large numbers is important. Promoting repeatedly to the same prospects is important. Using attention-grabbing headlines and compelling sales copy are also important.
Installing the 10X software in your own brain is most important -- see BECOME A 10X PERFORMING PERSON! [At this link you can also find information on the FREE "Sales X 10 training."]
Doing things right is most important -- see #TL10E: THE POWER OF DOING THINGS RIGHT. [Includes some powerful marketing principles.]
If you would like to receive mentoring on more effective recruiting, I invite you to subscribe to the BigboosterGroup forum. You can also subscribe by sending a blank email to email@example.com. Once you've subscribed, ASK QUESTIONS!
So the most important basic is to "capture" prospects and to then promote money-making programs to them repeatedly.
Q. How do you "capture" prospects?
A. Persuading them to join a free forum, as I do above, is an example. Anyone can create a free forum or discussion group on Yahoo, SmartGroups, etc. Another example is to persuade prospects to request free information from an autoresponder, as I do above with "BECOME A 10X PERFORMING PERSON!"
MonsterPreLaunch is designed to be a most powerful "prospect catcher." By promoting MonsterPreLaunch you can build a "prospect base" to promote other programs to repeatedly.
Q. What is an "opt-in" list?
A. You can regard those you refer to MonsterPreLaunch as being in your opt-in list, because they've effectively given you permission to promote to them. Another example is a list of people who have requested information from an autoresponder. Yet another example is a "safelist" to which people have subscribed, agreeing to receive promotional emails.
Q. Do you recommend promoting to safelists?
A. If you know of safelists where at least some of the emails get read, you may find that some of the promotional emails below will work. They are powerful! It may be worth testing some of the safelits at NewSafeLists.com.
Q. What is the biggest mistake Internet marketers make?
A. They promote paid programs to strangers (cold prospects). You could send tens of thousands of visitors (who don't know you) to a paid program's website and never get a single sign-up!
It's vastly more effective to promote some "free enticement" (for example, MonsterPreLaunch) to "capture" prospects, and to then promote paid programs repeatedly to those who join (opt in).
The shift from the way most people try to market programs on the Internet (at which most fail dismally!) to the "capture-then-promote-to-them-repeatedly" approach, we call the "Heavy Hitter Shift!"
Another mistake many Internet marketers make is that they don't have a systematic approach for TESTING different marketing methods in order to find out what works, what doesn't work, and what works best. It's most important that you carefully read what it says about "tracking codes" in the Advanced Member FAQ. It's vital that you use tracking codes to measure the responses you get to each marketing method you try.
Q. Where can I learn more about marketing?
A. Marketing Resources & Free Submitters and INTERNET MARKETING FOR BEGINNERS & PROFESSIONALS. MegaBooster (an MPL Back-End Program) contains considerable marketing information and GMGB - Get More Green Back (anotherMPL Back-End Program) comes close to being a "marketing encyclopedia. See also "POWER MESSAGES" in #TL10: HOW TO ACHIEVE AND INCREASE PERSONAL POWER.
Q. Is there anything special about the way MonsterPreLaunch is being marketed?
A. Yes. We call it "blind front-end marketing." It utilizes some very important principles:
- It's designed to generate excitement. ("Get into this huge new business before the masses!")
- It uses the "Don't-Get-Left-Behind" motivator. ("Tell everyone you know before they start contacting you about getting involved.")
- It's very generalized. All the specifics people typically object to, or say "No" to, have been eliminated.
- One or more powerful testimonials to create credibility. (One of the most important reasons why people don't join programs is because they're skeptical.)
- It uses the curiosity motivator. ("I can't wait to find out exactly what this new business is about and how it works!"; "Who is Mr. X?")
Under "Referral URLs" on the Basic or Advanced Welcome Pages you can find some other ways to market MPL.
Q. Is it necessary for me to market MonsterPreLaunch?
A. No. But you may find that it's much easier to market than most other programs you may have tried to market in the past.
MonsterPreLaunch is designed to maximize the percentage of visitors who join as members. If you send visitors to your MonsterPreLaunch promotion URL, you may be amazed by the percentage who actually join!
Q. Do you have a forum where I can ask questions and receive mentoring on how to promote MonsterPreLaunch?
A. If you would like to receive mentoring on more effective recruiting, I invite you to subscribe to the BigboosterGroup forum. You can also subscribe by sending a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you've subscribed, ASK QUESTIONS!
Q. I'm not willing to invest the time it would take to become an expert marketer; what should I do?
A. You should become at least a reasonably proficient marketer. It's one of the best ways to invest your time. This FAQ provides you with practically everything you need to market MonsterPreLaunch. All you need to know is how to use your keyboard and mouse, and how to copy and paste. That's it! MonsterPreLaunch actually provides you with phenomenal marketing power -- it's up to you to use it!
Q. Who are the best prospects for MonsterPreLaunch?
A. The following list is more or less in descending order of importance:
- Personal contacts who are interested in making money on the Internet. These could be people on your own opt-in lists.
- Subscribers of magazines and newsletters related to making money on the Internet. Members of similar groups and forums who allow advertising of programs like MonsterPreLaunch. Ryze members -- see Better-World Project
- Anyone trying to make money on the Internet.
- Members of surf programs who surf to generate traffic to their own websites.
Q. Do you have a variety of referral pages I can use to promote MPL?
A. Yes, click on Referral URLs to check out the available referral pages. Because "Triple Play Marketing" is one of the most powerful MPL features, you may particularly want to test using the "tem" referral page to promote MPL.
Q. What are the best ways to promote MonsterPreLaunch?
A. Here are some suggestions:
- One of the best places to promote is Ryze -- see Better-World Project
- If you have a list of personal contacts who are interested in making money on the Internet, email them repeatedly.
- Use any startpage/surf exchange programs to send visitors to your MonsterPreLaunch URL -- particularly TrafficSwarm and StudioTraffic.
- Use offline advertising such as business cards, fliers, etc. Add an advertising sign to your car. Have a MonsterPreLaunch T-shirt made, go to the mall, and give fliers or business cards to anyone interested. For some people, this may be the most effective form of marketing.
Q. What automated methods are available to promote MonsterPreLaunch?
A. Considering time and money, the best option is TrafficSwarm -- set your browser start page to your TrafficSwarm URL. Use one or more of the ads below to have TrafficSwarm send visitors to your MonsterPreLaunch URL. Also StudioTraffic.
Return to Advanced Member Area page.